Tyrrell is my Son, he started swinging a club at the age of 13 months. When he was just three he started playing the Par 3 course at Wycombe Heights and soon began to flourish. I have coached him from the beginning, professionally from the age of 12 and still do to this day. The coaching has been replaced with swing maintenance these days. The swing was built in his teens, now we only try to maintain it.
Click here for Tyrrell's Website
Tyrrell's Partners are; Adidas, Audimars Piguet, Ping Europe, Titleist/Footjoy. Manager Danny Wardrop, Firestart Sports. Click here for the Firestart Sports; www.firestartsports.com
2018 Playing European Tour and USPGA tour combined. PING staff player. Winning Ryder cup team member. Race to Dudai 12th place. World ranking No.25
2017 Finished 5th in the Race to Dubai. 16th World Golf Ranking. Retained Dunhill Links Championship. Winner - Rolex Italian Open. Third Dubai Desert Classic and European Masters. Earned USPGA tour card.
2016 Finished 4th in the Race to Dubai. 24th World Golf Ranking. Winner of the Dunhill Links Championship. Runner up in the AAM Scottish Open Championship and the DP World finals in Dubai. 5th in The Open, 10th in the USPGA
2015 Finished 34th in the Race to Dubai (Euroepen Tour Order of Merit). Inside the Hilton bag for 2015 are the same set make up from 2014 and are predominantly PING clubs. See What's in the bag below. The set make is specified and checked by Hatton golf. The equipment is built and supplied by the craftsmen at PING Europe. Tyrrell is a proud ambassador for Child Bereavement UK.
2014 Finshed 36th European Tour (OOM) Race to Dubai. Tied tenth, Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf champs. Runner up, Joberg Open. Tied fourth, Aberdeen Asset Scottish Open. Tied third, Omega European Masters Switzerland. Tied sixth, DP world Champs Dubai. World ranking at the end of the ET season 132nd.
2013 First full season on European Challenge Tour. Played seventeen events, Fifteen cuts made. Finished 10th CT Order of Merit Qualifying for the 2014 European Tour. Best events; Runner up in Kazakhstan and China, Sixth tour championship Dubai. Qualified for second Open Championship, Muirfield 2013. Finished 19th Austrian Open, European Tour.
2012 Jan - Hooters Tour Florida. Four Comps, four cuts made best finish 5th. March tied 8th Columbia - Challenge Tour. April - Win Europro final Stage Q School. May - Win Europro Tour, Bovey Castle. June Tied 4th European Challenge Tour, Austria. July - New Course record St Annes Old Links during 'The Open' local final qualying. Sept - Win Jamega Tour, Caversham Heath, new course record. Nov - Named Europro Rookie of the Year. After only ten starts finished 77th in the European Challenge tour OOM securing a playing card for 2013.
2011 Turned Pro on 18th August 2011. Third European Tour Q school stage One, Frilford Heath GC. Full Engalnd Cap Home Internationals, Co Sligo. Walker Cup squad player. Scratch players World Amateur ranking final position 24th. First Pro Win Jamega Tour Sept 11. Tied 9th Portuguese Amateur. Winner S of E U21 Bernard Darwin Trophy. Tied 2nd Europro Q school stage 1. Tied 2nd Europro Q school final. Tied 4th Welsh Open, St Pierre. Second Lagonda Trophy, Gog Magog. Tied 4th Tillman Trophy, Hunstanton GC. Tied 2nd English Am Strokeplay. Semi final English Am Matchplay, Woburn GC. Lowest Scratch players World Amatuer ranking 24th.
2010 Youngest Amateur to play in the 2010 Open at St. Andrews, Tied 6th - Lytham Trophy, Royal Lytham GC, Tied 6th - Brabazon Trophy, Royal Liverpool GC, Tied 6th - The Berkshire Trophy, The Berkshire GC, Winner - Henriques Salver, Winner - Scrutton Cup, Winner - Open Final Qualifier, Ladybank GC, Winner - BB&O Amateur Champs, Denham GC, Winner Czech Amateur, Marianski Lazne GC, Runner up - Waterford Trophy, Sundridge Park GC, Winner - East Berkshire Open, East Berkshire GC, Winner - BB&O Autumn Trophy, Oxford City GC, Runner Up - County Champions Final, Woodhall Spa GC. Selected member for 2011 R&A Walker Cup Squad, Selected Member of the 2011 EGU Elite Squad. 2010 R&A world ranking start 2917 finish 167. Scratch Players World Amateur Ranking 72.
2009 Member of the England Under 18 squad & Individual Winner - World Team Junior challenge, Canada. Winner of the Harleyford Mens Club Championships. New course record Harleyford GC gross 66, Runner up in BB&O junior county Champs, Tied 15 th McEvoy. Winner Henry Cooper Pro-Am gross 65, Tied sixth Henry Cooper Junior Masters.
Tyrrell played with custom fitted Snake Eyes golf clubs from the age of 12, then an 11 Handicapper. Achieved a scratch H/C aged 15. At the age of 17 (plus 2 H/C) and an England International he was invited to play with a major manufacturers clubs FOC, however Tyrrell is still coached and fitted by Hatton Golf,
Ping Staff Player, Whats in the bag.
- Driver Ping G400 8.0 deg Diamana 60 gm X shaft
- Taylormade M4 Fairway Wood 15.5 deg Tour AD 70gm TX Shaft
- Ping G400 7 wood Tour AD70gm TX Shaft
- Irons Ping 210i Forged, Project X 6.0 hard stepped shafts
- Wedges Ping Glide 49°, 54°
- Vokey 60°
- Swing Speed - 2017 5 iron = 97 mph Driver = 117 mph
- Swing Speed - 2015 5 iron = 96 mph Driver = 116 mph
- Swing Speed - 2014 5 iron = 95 mph Driver = 115 mph
- Swing Speed - 2011 5 iron = 94 mph Driver = 110 mph Age 20. Working on Tempo
Swing Speed - 2007 5 iron = 87 mph Driver = 104 mph Age 16. Working on putting stroke
Swing Speed 2006 5 iron = 84mph Driver = 94 mph Age 15 playing off scratch.
- Swing Training for 2005 Worked on generating more power with the body and later hit with the hands. Often refered to as a late hit. Starting swings speeds Feb 2005; 5 iron = 70 mph, Driver = 79 mph. Swing speed increased by 10mph in three months.
2008 Age 16
- Fourth U 17's : Faldo Series Grand Final at the Costa Do Sauipe Resort in Brazil.
- Winner: Faldo Series South of England regional final - Walton Heath. 66 equalled course record am, 68 pm round.
- Winner: Mens & Jnr Club Champs - Harleyford
- Runner Up: Under 25 BB&O County Champs - Gerrards Cross
- Tied 3rd: South England Boys - Yeovil & Sherbourne
- Winner: Luke Donald Salver Beaconsfield second year running
- BB&O County Forsomes; Top points scorer for the second year running
- Called into the England Under 18 Squad
2007 Age 15
- Winner - Luke Donald Salver - Beaconsfield GC by four shots
- 2nd Under 16 BB&O County Championships
- Winner of Harleyford Mens club champs
- Retained Junior Club Champ title for third year running.
- Top points scorer for BB&O in Foresomes
- First player ever to achieve scratch staus at Harleyford Golf Club, Founders Putter - winner, Mens order of merit, winner, Summer 4BBB matchplay - winner, Scratch knockout - winner.
2006 Age 14
- Retained Junior Club Champ title (Harleyford GC) Gross 70, 2 under.
- Second gross - Men's Club Championship (Harleyford GC)
- Equalled course record at Harleyford GC with a gross 68.
- Third career hole in one at the British Boys Champs, Worthing GC
2005 Age 13
- Third gross, Mens club championships (Harleyford GC)
- Tenth - British boys (Reid Trophy) U'14 Championship (Bristol & Clifton GC)
- Junior Club Champion - Harleyford GC
- Winner - Mens Scratch knock out (Harleyford GC)
2004 Age 12
- Retained Junior Masters title, Wycombe heights, New course record 51 gross.
- Captains cup, Harleyford GC, Winner, gross 78
2003 Age 11
- Laddie Lucas Junior Open, Best 11 yr old (48+5 pts), Princes GC.
- Little Aston Junior Masters, Winner nett, 4th Gross overall, under 14s
- 2 Mens Medal Wins, Harleyford, gross 79 and 81
- Junior Masters, Wycombe Heights, Winner, gross 56
2002 Age 10
- Second hole in one, April 2002 Laddie Lucas Junior Open, Princes GC.
- Individual winner at BHF team qualifier at Mentmore GC with 44 stableford points
2001 Age 9
- PGA Wee Wonders 2001 Qualifier, Foxhills GC, 9 hole par 3 flag comp, winner.
- National Junior Masters 2001, Wycombe Heights, U10s Runner up, 18 hole par 3
- Member of a select Southern Stars team who travelled to Princes GC Kent to beat a select northern team in a Ryder cup style match over two days. Won 2 out of 3 matches, Aug.
- Sept 2001 PGA Wee Wonders National Junior Open Final, U11s 4th Place, 9 hole par 3 flag comp.
- Oct 2001 Gog Magog Junior Masters, U11s 2nd Place, 18 hole par 4.
2000 Age 8
- Redbourn Junior Open, Under 12s, 9 hole par 3, gross 31 winner & new course record.
- Kiderminster Junior PRE Open 2000, U14s winner, 12 hole Comp.
- Foxhills Wee Wonders 2000 Qualifier, U9s winner, 9 hole par 3 flag comp.
- Wexham Junior Open 2000,9 hole par 4, U10s winner
- Golfmagic.com National Junior Masters, Wycombe Heights, W13s winner, 18 hole par 3
- Wee Wonders National Junior Open 2000, U9s Runner-up, 9 hole par 3 flag comp.
- Member of a select Southern Stars team who travelled north to Leeds to beat a select northern team in a Ryder cup style match over two days. Won 2 out of 3 matches Sept.
- Laddie Lucas Junior Open 2001, 18 hole links (Princes-Kent), position 4th
- Redbourn Junior Open, Under 12s 2001, St Albans, 9 hole par 3, winner.
- Wessex Junior Masters, Bath GC, 18 hole main course, 2nd under 10s
1999 Age 7
- Redbourn Junior Open, Under 8s, St Albans, 9 hole par 3 gross 37 runner up.
- Wexham Park Junior Open, Under 12s, 9 hole par 4, gross 40, runner up.
- First Hole in One, 21st Aug 1999, 96 yrd par 3 at Wycombe Heights
- The Todays Golfer Junior Masters - Wycombe Heights GC, gross 65, U9s runner up.
- The Under 12 National Short Course Championships, Gunnersbury Park, 18 hole par 3, gross 55, winner and course record.
1998 Age 6
- Four junior medal wins at Wycombe Heights GC before the age of 6
- The Todays Golfer National Junior Open, Under 9, Wycombe Heights GC 18 hole par 3, gross 65, position runner up.
1997 Age 5
- Daily Telegraph Qualifier, Wexham Park GC, 18 hole par 4, gross 111, position 9th